First Dental Visit
Your initial appointment at our dental office in Columbia will consist of a complete review of your medical and dental history. Any dental problems you are having or any changes you would like to make with your teeth should be brought up at this time. We will review any x-rays you bring and will take any x-rays we need to make a proper diagnosis. We will examine your teeth, gums, soft tissues, and bone support. In addition, we will perform any other tests we may need to accurately diagnose your condition including diagnostic models of your teeth if there are problems with your bite or joints.
In case you are suffering from any pain, we will make efforts to correct the problems at that time or get you to a specialist who will be able to help.
If further treatment is required, we will provide you a customized treatment plan that fits your schedule & budget.
When you come in for your first consultation, we will need the following information:
- Your referral slip
- X-rays if any
- The list of medications you are presently taking
- If you have any dental insurance, please bring the current insurance card.
- In case you do not have an insurance card, we will require your subscriber number, the group number & phone number. This will help in speeding-up the insurance claim process.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- All patients under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- In case you have any medical condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatic fever or artificial heart valves & joints etc, please alert our office.
- Keep us informed about any medications you may be taking such as heart medications, anticoagulant therapy, aspirin etc.
In the event your previous dentist took any X-rays, please forward them to our office prior to your appointment as they could prove to be helpful in our diagnoses. You can email a digital radiograph to email@example.com. If we need to take any additional films, they can also be taken at our dental facility.